EXPERIENCE, WISDOM, ATTENTION and SUCCESS
Fighting Criminal Accusations and Protecting Accident Victims' Rights
Providing Detail-Oriented, Personalized Attention to Every Case
Experienced at Standing Up for the Rights of All Types of Clients
Call 602-257-0135 to Discuss Your Options
Doing the right thing, at the right time, for the right reasons.
FOR OVER 40 YEARS.
Providing Comprehensive Criminal Defense Representation
When you are accused of or are being investigated for a serious criminal offense, or have been seriously injured or lost a loved one as a result of another person’s negligence, your first thought in the morning, last thought at night, and most every thought in between involves these problems. Isn’t this the time to hire a lawyer who has the most experience with these types of concerns? Isn’t this the time to hire a lawyer whose practice consists of clients who were almost exclusively referred by other lawyers, judges and former clients because of the lawyer’s effectiveness, effort, and ethical rigor in every case for the past 42 years? Or should you choose a lawyer from a TV, internet, billboard, radio, or bus stop bench advertisement?
For 42 years, Phoenix lawyer Bruce Feder has been litigating and trying complex felony criminal cases and serious injury/wrongful death civil cases. Our clients have included high-profile business owners, politicians, and professional athletes, as well as everyone in between. We are a law firm committed to giving personalized service to our clients along with a comprehensive and sophisticated approach to handling each client’s individual case.
If you’ve been charged with a complex criminal offense involving, for example, drug production, distribution or sale, white-collar fraud, conspiracy, racketeering, homicide, or other serious felony offenses in federal or state courts, your case should be handled by an experienced, recognized lawyer, not a lawyer whose practice is devoted to misdemeanors and civil traffic offenses.
Bruce Feder is known for his ability to handle the most complex and serious felony offenses. Most of our clients are referred by other criminal and civil lawyers and Judges in Arizona and around the United States, who know of our reputation for skilled, passionate and result oriented representation. Over the years, Bruce Feder has represented clients in counties all over Arizona, and in other states including California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, Texas, Utah and Washington D.C.
In addition to our criminal defense work, we also have an extensive personal injury and wrongful death practice. Over the years, we have obtained substantial monetary verdicts or settlements from negligent entities and individuals, or their insurance companies, in cases involving commercial truck, automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, and ATV collisions, as well as group home violations.
To learn more about what our firm can offer you, please contact us to schedule a free consultation.
Charged? Under Pre-Indictment Investigation? Call an Experienced Attorney.
Most cases that work their way through the criminal justice system involve simple drug possession, drunk driving and other minor charges. Some, however, involve more complex accusations with potentially severe consequences. These are the cases where you especially need an experienced lawyer. Phoenix criminal defense attorney Bruce Feder has more than 40 years of experience aggressively defending clients against comprehensive federal or state charges.
Fighting Complex Federal and State Criminal Charges
Unlike most private criminal defense attorneys, Bruce Feder regularly handles federal court cases. Federal criminal court is governed by unique rules and procedures. The judges can be more exacting, and the prosecutors have the substantial resources of the federal government to assist them. If you have been charged with any federal or state crime, scheduling a free initial consultation can help you determine whether Mr. Feder is the right lawyer for you. The following are some types of cases we frequently handle:
- White collar crimes: Accusations of mortgage and other real estate fraud, health care fraud, wire and mail fraud, embezzlement and other complex federal and state financial crimes.
- Drug manufacturing, sale or distribution: Bruce Feder also has substantial experience litigating charges including the sale, manufacture, transportation and cultivation of illegal drugs.
- Conspiracy and racketeering: Very few attorneys have the experience to defend clients accused of participating in a criminal conspiracy or racketeering organization. Conspiracy and racketeering charges are commonly used in relation to white collar and drug distribution cases, and Bruce Feder has substantial experience in these types of cases.
- Civil and criminal forfeiture: The government may try to take your property through forfeiture, whether or not you have been charged with a crime. These types of cases are also frequently initiated in white collar and drug distribution cases.
Some defense attorneys unfairly pressure their clients into pleading guilty before adequate investigation and other preparation has occurred to ascertain if the plea is the best alternative, or fail to explain the risks of going to trial when a trial is not in the clients’ best interests. Our clients are encouraged to closely consult on their own cases at all times. Attorney Bruce Feder is dedicated to providing honest and comprehensive advice so clients can make informed decisions.
Civil & Criminal Forfeiture
Civil and Criminal Forfeitures
If you have been accused of drug distribution, mortgage fraud, health care fraud or another serious offense, the federal or state government may attempt to confiscate your money, property and other assets through the process of civil or criminal forfeiture. Attorney Bruce Feder, a Phoenix lawyer with more than 40 years of legal experience, is dedicated to protecting clients’ property rights and holding the government accountable for abuse of the forfeiture process.
Is the Government Trying to Seize Your Property?
Civil forfeiture is a process that allows the government to file a civil lawsuit to seize your property outside of the criminal justice system. It is frequently used against people accused of drug distribution and fraud crimes. There are two basic types of assets that are subject to civil forfeiture:
- Proceeds of crime: If you are accused of profiting from committing a crime, the government may try to confiscate the money or property you allegedly acquired.
- Instrumentalities of crime: If you are accused of using an asset (such as a car, bank account or house) to commit a crime, the government may try to take that property from you.
Under both the State of Arizona and federal law, a forfeiture is allowed under a much lower standard of proof to allow civil forfeiture. That means that your property can be confiscated from you even when there is not enough evidence to convict you of a crime.
Could Your Criminal Charges Result in Asset Forfeiture?
Criminal forfeiture is another tool that the government can use to seize your property. If you have been charged with a crime and you have significant assets, the prosecutor may choose to pursue criminal forfeiture among other penalties, such as imprisonment. Whether your property has been targeted for civil forfeiture or you have been charged with a crime that could result in criminal forfeiture, you have a lot at stake, and you need an experienced defense lawyer. If you wish to discuss your case, please contact us to schedule a free consultation.
Conspiracy & Racketeering
Conspiracy and Racketeering Charges
Conspiracy and racketeering are two of the most powerful tools that prosecutors have in their arsenal. If you have been charged with one of these crimes, the government may be able to convict you solely by proving that you entered into an agreement to commit a crime or joined an organization whose purpose is the commission of a crime without much action or participation on your part. Phoenix conspiracy and racketeering defense lawyer Bruce Feder has more than 40 years of experience helping clients fight this type of serious criminal charges.
Fighting Federal and Arizona State Conspiracy Charges
The basic definition of criminal conspiracy is that it requires participation in an agreement involving two or more people to commit a crime. Conspiracy charges are often used against people accused of participating in drug distribution networks, fraud schemes and other organized criminal activities where there is insufficient proof of the actual crime being completed. If you are accused of participating in a conspiracy to commit a federal crime or any of a number of Arizona state felonies, the government may be able to convict you without having to prove that you or anyone else ever carried out the alleged criminal plan.
Defending Clients Accused of Racketeering Activity
In 1970, Congress passed the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act, which goes beyond traditional conspiracy law by making it a crime simply to belong to and participate in an organization that has committed any two of 35 specified crimes within a 10-year period. Arizona has a similar state statute. While RICO was originally designed as a weapon against organized crime, it has given federal and state prosecutors’ broad authority to prosecute members of many different organizations and loosely knit groups. Individuals convicted of racketeering face imprisonment, fines, forfeiture and civil damages.
Talk to an Experienced Defense Attorney
If you are facing conspiracy or racketeering allegations, your choice of a lawyer can make a major difference in the outcome of your case. Attorney Bruce Feder has extensive experience defending clients against federal criminal charges, as well as complex Arizona felony charges. If you wish to discuss your case, please contact us to schedule a free consultation.
Drug Manufacturing and Distribution Charges
Defending Clients Against Federal and State Allegations
Illegal drug manufacture or distribution is an extremely serious criminal charge that frequently has mandatory and lengthy prison sentences imposed upon conviction. Prosecutors in these cases generally have enormous resources to draw on. A lawyer who primarily handles misdemeanors and simple felony cases may not have the experience to defend you against these allegations. Phoenix attorney Bruce Feder has more than 40 years of experience defending clients against federal and state prosecutions involving illegal drug sale and distribution charges.
Experienced With All Types of Drug Distribution Charges
If you have been charged with drug distribution at any level, you could be facing extremely serious consequences, including substantial imprisonment and fines. Attorney Bruce Feder has defended clients against all types of drug distribution charges, including the following:
- Large-scale drug sales: The infiltration and destruction of alleged drug distribution networks has always been a major front in the “war on drugs.” Bruce Feder has represented clients accused of distribution of 10,000 pounds of cocaine, over 1,000 pounds of marijuana, and substantial quantities of heroin.
- Drug transportation: As a Mexican border state, Arizona is a major conduit for the transportation of illegal drugs into the United States, attracting attention from federal and state prosecutors.
- Manufacturing: Cultivating marijuana, indoors or outdoors, is still a crime in Arizona and most other states, and it may be considered a federal crime if the drugs are grown for interstate distribution.
White Collar Crimes
White Collar Crimes
White collar crime is a broad term usually applied to criminal allegations — committed by someone alleged to have engaged in some type of fraud or misrepresentation. White collar criminal charges typically involve complex factual circumstances and issues of law. If you have been charged with a financial crime or are under pre-charge investigation, Phoenix white collar crime lawyer Bruce Feder can help you navigate these difficult and intricate cases. Mr. Feder has been defending clients against this type of serious criminal charge for over 40 years.
Handling All Types of White Collar Criminal Cases
If you have been accused of committing a white collar crime or participating in a white collar conspiracy or racketeering scheme, Bruce Feder has defended clients against charges like the following:
- Mortgage fraud: Represented clients accused of making false statements on mortgage applications, participating in criminal real estate flipping schemes, and committing other types of mortgage or real estate fraud.
- Health care fraud: Represented allopathic, osteopathic and chiropractic doctors, hospital personnel, ambulance company executives and other medical providers accused of overbilling for services, billing for services not rendered, making excessive prescriptions for pharmaceuticals, and other criminal health care provider offenses.
- Wire and mail fraud: Represented federal and state clients alleged to have committed an alleged fraud scheme, organization of a Ponzi scheme, or any other financial fraud charge that includes alleged use of the mail or wire (telephone).
- Embezzlement: Represented employees, officers, directors, trustees, fiduciaries and other parties accused of embezzlement and related criminal charges.
White collar criminal charges can carry substantial penalties, including imprisonment, fines, and civil and criminal forfeiture. Having a white collar conviction on your criminal record can also severely limit your ability to gain employment, obtain financing for future business ventures, or obtain government contracts. Bruce Feder carefully investigates the facts of each client’s case, represents clients in all court proceedings, negotiates and advocates their cases with the prosecutor’s office, and explains their options so they can make informed decisions. If you wish to discuss your case, please contact us to schedule a free consultation.
Defending Applicants and Others Accused of Criminal Fraud
Bruce Feder defends applicants, brokers, appraisers, loan officers, buyers, sellers, and other clients who have been accused of mortgage fraud and related charges, including conspiracy and racketeering, wire fraud, bank fraud and money laundering. Common accusations include:
- False statements: Most mortgage fraud prosecutions are based on allegations of false statements on mortgage applications or other real estate transaction documents. False statements about income, liabilities, owner-occupant status, employment status and other factors may be considered fraudulent if they induce a lender to make a loan that would otherwise have been denied.
- Flipping schemes: Another high-profile type of mortgage fraud is the so-called “flipping scheme,” in which buyers, appraisers, “straw buyers” and other parties conspire to obtain excessive loans to purchase properties with no intention of repaying them.
If you have been accused of any type of real estate fraud, it is important to hire a lawyer with substantial experience in this highly specialized area. Attorney Bruce Feder has a strong track record of defending clients against federal and state mortgage fraud charges.
Call Us to Discuss Your Mortgage Fraud Case
Mortgage fraud charges can result in serious penalties, including imprisonment, fines, and civil and criminal forfeiture. You need a lawyer you can rely on for detail-oriented representation, including advocacy in federal or state court if necessary. Every criminal case is based on a unique set of facts and allegations. Bruce Feder carefully examines the details of each case in order to advise his clients of the options best suited for a successful outcome. If you wish to discuss your case, please contact us to schedule a free consultation.
Health Care Fraud
Health Care Fraud
Aggressively Defending Medical Providers Against Criminal Charges
Federal prosecutors have become increasingly aggressive about initiating criminal charges against health care providers accused of defrauding Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare and other government health insurance plans and improper prescriptions of controlled substances. Phoenix health care fraud attorney Bruce Feder has more than 40 years of experience aggressively defending clients accused of complex criminal charges.
A Defense Attorney Who Understands Health Care Law
In order to effectively fight health care fraud charges, you need an attorney with an understanding of medical billing systems and medical practice standards of care. Most criminal defense lawyers do not have the experience to handle these cases. Attorney Bruce Feder has a strong track record of defending doctors, hospital personnel, ambulance company executives and other medical providers against charges such as:
- Overbilling for services rendered
- Billing for services not rendered
- Providing kickbacks for referrals
- Improper prescription of controlled substances
Bruce Feder also defends clients against other charges of fraud, false statements, and conspiracy and racketeering in relation to alleged health care fraud. If you have been charged with any fraud offense, you could be facing serious penalties, such as imprisonment, fines, and civil and criminal forfeiture.
Contact Us to Schedule a Consultation
We understand the pressures that health care providers are under to comply with complex regulations, and the circumstances that can give rise to charges of fraud. Mr. Feder will carefully evaluate your case and explain your options so you can make an informed decision about how to proceed. Whether you are at risk of going to prison or losing your professional license, or your business is at risk of collapsing under the weight of criminal charges, you need a lawyer you can rely upon for detail-oriented representation. If you wish to discuss your case, please contact us to schedule a free consultation.
Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
Seeking Fair Compensation for Serious Injury and Wrongful Death Victims
If you have been seriously injured or have lost a loved one as a result of someone else’s carelessness, you deserve to be represented by a lawyer with the experience and dedication to carefully investigate your case and stand up for your rights in court if necessary. At Feder Law Office, P.A., Bruce Feder provides detail-oriented representation to accident victims and their families. If we believe we can help you to obtain fair compensation, we will handle your case on a contingency fee basis where you will not pay a fee unless we achieve your goal.
Trial Attorneys With a Record of Success
We have obtained millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. We have the experience to aggressively seek compensation from those responsible for catastrophic injuries in circumstances like the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents: We represent clients who have been seriously injured in accidents caused by negligence involving cars, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), bicycles and boats.
- Commercial truck accidents: Truck drivers and trucking companies have a particularly strong responsibility to take appropriate safety measures under state and federal law. When they fail to follow these measures designed to ensure their trucks and drivers are safe, and people get hurt as a result, they can be held accountable.
- Group home abuse and neglect: People with development disabilities are some of the most vulnerable people in our society. Abuse, mistreatment and neglect in group homes licensed by the Arizona Division of Developmental Disabilities causes both the group home and the state to be liable.
- Wrongful death: If you have lost a loved one in any circumstance caused by someone else’s negligence, you deserve an opportunity to hold the responsible party accountable and help to assure that another family will not be subjected to the grief you have suffered because of another person’s or entity’s misconduct.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Seeking Fair Compensation for Serious Vehicular Accident Injuries
If you have been seriously injured in a car crash or other motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your past and future medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and other damages. Bruce Feder can help you pursue the money damages you deserve. We have helped clients obtain millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for their injuries over the past 40 years.
Taking Immediate Steps to Protect Your Rights
Our firm represents victims of motor vehicle accidents (including car, truck, motorcycle, ATV, pedestrian and bicycle accidents) who have suffered catastrophic injuries, such as brain and spinal cord injuries, as well as the families of those who have been killed. If you retain us, the following are some of the steps we will take to protect your rights:
- Preserve the evidence of your accident: We will move quickly to investigate and obtain photographs of the vehicles and the accident scene, identify and interview witnesses, and preserve other evidence that may be needed to support your personal injury claim.
- Obtain qualified experts: In presenting an injured person’s case, it is important to retain trial experts competent in reconstructing the accident scene and dynamics, assessing injuries, and for other aspects of the case.
- Advise you on your next steps: Depending on the facts of your case, it may be advisable for you to file a lawsuit right away, or it may be better to wait and see how your recovery progresses. We will honestly advise you on the approach that is right for you.
In order to obtain fair compensation for your injuries, we will need to carefully document the causes of your accident and the damages you have suffered as a result. We have the experience to pursue the maximum money damages you are entitled to. We handle personal injury and wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you do not pay us any fees unless we help you obtain compensation for your injuries. If you wish to discuss your case, please contact us to schedule a free consultation.
Group Home Abuse & Neglect
Group Home Abuse
Seeking Compensation for Mistreatment of the Developmentally Disabled
The decision to place a developmentally disabled family member in a group home is a difficult one. Ideally, these homes should be relied upon to provide the highest level of care and attention. Unfortunately, some group homes fall short, resulting in serious injuries or death to residents. Bruce Feder has helped victims and their families pursue fair compensation from group home operators and the state agencies that are supposed to supervise them.
Holding Providers and the State Accountable for Negligent Care
Children and adults with conditions like cognitive disabilities, epilepsy, cerebral palsy and autism are highly vulnerable to injury if they are placed in group homes that do not provide appropriate care and protection. Common causes of group home injuries include the following:
- Choking hazards
- Inappropriate placements resulting in violence between residents
- Inadequate supervision resulting in residents injuring themselves
- Medication errors and overmedication
- Physical and sexual abuse by staff members
In Arizona, group homes for the developmentally disabled are typically operated by private entities licensed by the Arizona Division of Developmental Disabilities. Despite the involvement of private providers, the state is ultimately responsible for the care and safety of group home residents. If your loved one has been injured or killed as a result of abuse or neglect at a group home, we may be able to help you hold both the provider and the state accountable. If you wish to discuss your case, please contact us to schedule a free consultation.